And if you listen, tea close, past the sounds of this Earth you can hear something. A gentle whisper of a God that chooses not to shout. A God who meets is in the quiet moments, for isn't that why he said pray in the closet? Isn't that why he demonstrated it to Elijaih on his mountain? Because right now for me that voice is bringing me the one thing I need to hear, all the comfort I need. "Hunter, I Love you" it brings me to tears everytime, this most basic of truths. It has taken me the past 5 years of knowing him to understand even a little about it, and what little I know makes me weep for joy. Because when I am at my weakest, he is at his strongest. When I can't carry on, he carries me on. When my strength is gone, "my strength comes from the Lord". Because I have Faith, one of the strongest faiths Inknow of, and I know a truth about it. That faith is "the confidence in what her hope for and the assurance for what we cannot see". And that gives me hope because even though I cannot see God he is there, and He UNDENIABLY loves me. So, when I cannot carry on, I put my faith in him. So Inwrote this as a message of hope to you-lean into Jesus. He is there. And if one of you is struggling like Indo on a daily basis? Let this be a reminder that there is a God who loves you and will never leave. "From eternity to eternity I am God, no one can undo what I have down, no one can snatch anyone out of my hand" -Isaiah 43:13
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Peace
I sit here outside my house on my front steps looking at the sky, the endless universe, trying to escape all of my struggles and problems, and crying out to God. I don't know how many of you have felt like this but I know I do right now. I struggle with some pretty severe anxiety and tonight is was destroying me. Feeling worthless, and trying to "get on top of things", has lead me here...broken, alone, and in need of something greater then a short term fix. I don't know about you but when I need a heavenly fix I like to look at the heavens, and reflect on the immense majesty, and infinities of our God. Whenever I crumble he seems to always be there. Whenever I can't go on he picks me up and carries me, always whispering truth. I opened my bible app and the parable about shameless persistence comes up, and I am reminded that as long as I continue crying out to him he will answer me. So here I sit, in need of a savior bigger then anything I can imagine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment