Desperation, Hopelessness, and Jesus's Provision
My Pastor recently preached on Jesus(obviously), but in the sermon there was a video where he went through every book of the bible and said what Jesus was in that book. From the light on the road to Damascus to the King of Kings, he gave a picture into who Jesus is, that I want to bring more to light. See recently I have been learning from Jesus a very important principle, desperation. Because in everything I do I want to be so desperate for Jesus I have nowhere else to turn to, because that's where he shows up in the most miraculous ways. Like with Gideon and his 300 men. When he became completely reliant on Jesus to win the battle, God did, and he did it without a fight. For I have learned an important truth these past couple weeks, that it is only when we are completely dependent on Jesus that we see the biggest miracles happen. Daniel and the lions den, the fiery furnace, parting the red sea. This is everywhere in the bible!
But even more than that. Jesus not only showed up, but showed up
exactly how he was needed. Connecting this back to my pastors video, Jesus was the savior he needed to be to each individual person! To Gideon he was the ultimate commander, to Daniel he was master of the lions, to the disciples he was Lord over the wind and the waves, to Moses he was the everlastingly burning bush. When we need Jesus desperately, he shows up miraculously, in the exact way we need him to. Without fail, every time, he shows up. Ruth with her restored kin-ship, Rahab with her Scarlet yarn, David and Goliath, the blind beggar by the gate, the adulterer woman about to be stoned, the woman by the well. This is repeated time and time again, the redemptive character of Jesus Christ. So next time you hit a bump in the road, or a huge pothole, and need some help, remember that this is the God you love. This is the God that sacrificed himself on the cross for your sins. This, is the heavenly "cavalry" that will come to your rescue. "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety"-Psalms 18:2
No comments:
Post a Comment